Advent Retreat: Seeking Some Small Heaven *FULLY BOOKED*
23rd November, 6:30 pm to 26th November, 4:30 pm£355
Through a spacious mix of reflections and practices, poems and art, Ian Adams will open up ways to prepare ourselves for the possibilities of the Advent season, looking for the light within ourselves, in the world around us, and in the coming of the Christ-child.
The retreat will include opportunities to …
- Walk in the grounds at Launde – bring walking boots and winter clothing
- Take photographs & make art – observe and respond to the natural world at this turning point of the year from autumn into winter – you might like to bring a camera, your art or writing materials
- Create some landscape art together
- Explore ways into contemplative prayer
- Enjoy silence – this is not a silent retreat, but there will be plenty of space for stillness and silence
- Join in daily prayer with the Launde community
Ian Adams is a poet, photographer, and priest. He is chaplain at Ridley Hall Cambridge, Spirituality Adviser at Church Mission Society, partner in the Beloved Life project, and creator of Morning Bell.
We want all our guests to be safe and secure when visiting Launde during the current public health situation. For details of our comprehensive Keeping You Safe programme click here.